Saturday, August 16, 2008

Play That Funky Music White Boy


Oooooh...the DJ!!
Many many moons ago there was a young 18 year old girl who fell in love with a somewhat goofy but disgustingly sweet blond boy. They dated for about a year before our super hot chickee decided he was just a little too sensitive and boring and decided to break loose and PARTAAAY. The crazy gorgeous girl remained friends with her sweet yet nerdy boy until she married a rockstar 2 years later, at which point the nice guy was left behind.
Many years passed and our story continues...

After my divorce I started hanging out with the DJ again. We dated on and off for about a year and it was nothing but drama! You see...the DJ was still LIVING with his BABY MAMA the whole time! They were "just roommates" and he would move out every time I put my foot down, until we would break up YET AGAIN after which he would go running back to her. Does that sound like just roommates to you?! Sheesh!
So...for a little over a year, I put up with this nonsense. I dealt with his crazy jealous BM calling at all hours of the night and giving him A CURFEW (I kid you not)!! I was constantly blown off for her...plans canceled because BM needed something or because they had a family function to go to. ROOMMATES?!? Are you serious?!
So why did I put up with it for so long you may ask? Because divorce does funny things to you. It makes you insecure, vulnerable. You lose sight of what is and is not acceptable behavior. You think that if you just love him enough, he'll come around. And with the DJ I thought that because I was the one who broke his heart and "ruined him", I could put the pieces back together again and "fix him". I had finally reached an age and a point in my life where I was ready for the wonderful, kind, caring and generous man I had given up in my younger (translation: stupider) years. Unfortunately that man no longer existed.
The DJ and I still keep in touch. We get together every few months to play catch up. In fact he just sent me these texts last night....

1:54 am - T L i really have been missing you and have been dying to see you. I hope you are happy kiddo. Wish you had the same desire.
2:02 am - Regardless be happy. I wish we were closer. If it's not possible i will understand. Anyway i love you.

Sweet right? Too bad THAT ship has already sailed lover boy.
Until next time, much love!
~T

No comments: