Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Google Stalker


Oh my, it's only been a month since my last post...go me! :)
Sooo...how old am I? My 10 year high school reunion is this Friday, and I am not going. Why you ask? Well a)because I totally suck at planning, and by the time I realized that certain things could be shifted it was too late to buy my ticket. Sadness huh? And b)because of the...GOOGLE STALKER. Totally creeptastic story for you, my 4 lucky blog readers!

So I'm plucking along at work one day when I get a gtalk request from someone I don't know. Well, I figured if they had my personal email address they must be someone I know so I accepted the request and asked simply "Do I know you?" Oh goodness did I open up a can of worms!
He proceeded to tell me that we went to high school together and that he found my profile on MSN and thought he would re-connect. He said that my MSN profile listed my gmail address as an alternate email. Well, the problem with that is that I don't HAVE an MSN profile...I have a private profile attached to my hotmail account, but even that only my network can see. Oh AND it does not have my gmail address attached to it AT ALL. Soooo, after some cyberstalking of myself, I found that the only way he could have found my email address would be through either facebook or my high school class website.
Anyway...while I'm trying to figure out who he is he goes on to tell me that he always had a bit of a crush on me etc and was wondering if I would be interested in a "discreet encounter". Eeeew much? Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll pass. I let him know that I thought he was a vile human being and that he should try ashleymadison.com. Then I logged off.
I then ask my IT guys if there's a way they can track down his IP address etc. so that I can find out if it was one of my friends just busting my chops. They tell me that of course they can't track it from an IM, but that if I can get him to send me an actual email they can track it and at least find out what state he is in. I sent the creep an email in an attempt to get him to respond. Success! He responded immediately. Bad news?? His IP address is BLOCKED. Honestly, I don't think many people even know HOW to block their IP address so that's a little sketchy.
Anyway...after admitting defeat I use the beautiful "block" feature on gtalk. Since this episode in early May I have received chat requests from 4 different email addresses...always vague of course. It's now been 2 weeks since the last attempt, however, so maybe he's given up on his little perverted quest??? Here's hopin'!
Until next time, much love!
~T

3 comments:

sweetmama.heather said...

I'll be at the reunion with Marc! Too bad I won't see you... Maybe at the picnic???

Lindsay Bartholomew said...

That is more than a little creepy! EEEK! Where do these people come from?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!