Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Humiliation Is My New Best Friend


Ugh what is WRONG with me?!? I am NOT this girl! I am so much better than this! But can I help it? Can I stop myself? Apparently not!
Just got back on Sunday from a little mini vacation with my folks and it was such a nice little break. It was much needed after I humiliated myself on Wednesday night!
We were planning on leaving Thursday morning, so the kiddos and I decided to camp out at my parents' house Wednesday night. I put the munchkins to bed (or should I say I put them to couch? ha ha) and then headed over to TGTBT's to watch the presidential debate which he had tivo'd for me. We ate dinner and then watched the debate with his friend (and new roommate) S. After the debate S left the room to make a phone call and didn't return so we figured he had gone to bed. TGTBT and I started to get a little frisky when, whoops, in walks S! Apparently he had NOT gone to bed. Now, this wouldn't be all that embarrassing had it not been for the fact that I was wearing a skirt (sans underwear of course because who likes panty lines in a pencil skirt right?P) with my bare bum up in the air for all to see! Thank goodness he hadn't waited any longer before he came waltzing in or then it might have REALLY been embarrassing! *blush*
After recovering from that, we cuddled on the lovesac and watched a little TV until my eyes started drooping and I realized I better get my backside home to mommy and daddy's.
He walked me to my car and wrapped his arms around me to get in a few more precious seconds of snuggle time. I melted into his chest and he kissed my head. That's where it all went wrong. I made the epic mistake of SHARING MY FEELINGS with him! NO NO NO NO NO! WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?! I knew no good could come of it, yet I did it anyway. Even as I spoke the words, I wanted to strangle myself! Alas...once words like that are said, there's no taking them back. What was his response you ask? "Yeah, um, I'm just not really even thinking that way right now...." Translation: Wow, you're a total freak. Please refrain from loving me.
Needless to say I turned tail and bailed as quick as I could! Haven't even really talked to him since then. He sent me a short text on Thursday night saying he hoped I had made it safely and then a text forward yesterday that sparked a whopping 10 minute convo but that is it. So is it done, or is this just the closing of another chapter in the TGTBT saga? Guess we'll all just have to stay tuned to find out!
Until next time, much love!
~T

No comments: