Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apparently I'm A Little Bit Nuts


So...quick update on the DJ before I get into the juicy gossip of my weekend!
I haven't seen the DJ since we went out to dinner while TGTBT was in Minneapolis, however we talk nearly everyday. Until last week that is...
The DJ FINALLY moved out of his baby's mama's house after 5 freaking years, only to move in with his "bff" that has been in love with him from the day they met. Whatever floats his drama boat, right? Anyway...we're still good friends and talk, mainly through text, all the time. However, more often than not, his arrogant, condescending attitude pisses me off and I end up telling him to go fornicate elsewhere (in other words, to screw off!). This week he really pushed me to my limit though.
I belong to the LDS church. True, I may not always go to church and I may not always adhere to the principles of the gospel, but that IN NO WAY means I don't know it to be true. I have never, and will never, deny my beliefs for anyone. Last weekend was general conference (a time where we are able to listen to our church leaders speak for a total of 8 inspirational hours). I always gain such great insight and comfort listening to these wonderful men and women give us guidance from our Father in Heaven.
I was talking to the DJ on Friday and he randomly stated, "Its conference this weekend, you wanna go? lol" to which I replied, "Actually I have every intention of watching all 4 sessions". Boy did that open a can of worms! He tore into me about my "joke of a religion" and asked if we could "have some fun" before I go repent--whatever that means. He then proceeded to tell all of his friends about my "new found spirituality", which is humorous in and of itself when he knows I used to be a primary teacher, and make jokes back and forth on Myspace about how, and I quote, "Jesus is Magic!" Wow! Are you KIDDING me?!? I have NEVER attacked ANYONE about their religious beliefs and I could not BELIEVE that he was attacking ME for MINE! Needless to say...we haven't really spoken since.
So...on to my wonderful weekend fun which was spent, you guessed it, with TGTBT. So much for being done right? He was just so darn persistent though...even to the point of bringing me lunch while I waited all day for the Sears delivery guy on Friday. I'm a sucker, I admit it. After he got off work on Friday we met up at his house, he cooked dinner, and we caught up on my latest addiction (courtesy of him I might add) One Tree Hill. LDB had the kiddos so I spent the night at his place and woke up early the next morning for work. Worked until 6, missing the morning session of conference, and then headed to his place again to make dinner while he was at the priesthood session. He got home around 8:00 and we ate dinner while watching the tivo'd morning session which he had missed as well. He had an 11:30 soccer game which I went to, dragging my girlfriend Autumn along.
Sunday afternoon he came over to my place and we watched conference on one TV while K2 watched Strawberry Shortcake on the other. After the last session of conference I had to take K2 up to Lehi to meet LDB for a family party. After I dropped her off I went back to TGTBT's pad to watch the Bronco's game. That's when things got interesting....
On my way from Lehi to PG I get a phone call from none other than JGG! He's having a bbq at his place for a mutual friend's birthday and wants me to come. I told him I would try to stop by but that I wasn't sure if I would be able to because I already had plans with TGTBT whom he HATES. He hates him firstly on principle, but secondly because I made the mistake of confiding in him while TGTBT was in Minneapolis...he thinks I deserve better and doesn't understand why I put up with the things I do. Anyway...I told him I would love to come celebrate with said friend (especially since I hadn't seen him since playoffs!!) but would it be okay if TGTBT came along? Would he be able to be nice? Am I crazy?! Have I lost my damn mind?!? Apparently I have, because he said "sure" and WE WENT!!!!!
JGG kept to his word and was very cordial...it was actually a lot of fun. JGG and TGTBT got along well and were out at the grill together sharing steak tips. It's almost as if all 3 of us were trying to prove that we were far too cool and mature to feel awkward in the least. HA! Left the bbq, went back to TGTBT's to get my car and headed home. Got a text about 30 minutes later from JGG saying that my "new toy seemed pretty down". Now maybe they can be besties! Geeeez!
So how was YOUR weekend?
Until next time, much love!
~T

No comments: