Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blah...

For the most part, I’m very happy with my life. Is it stressful trying to raise 2 kids on my own while working full time and going to school full time? Absolutely! Stress, anxiety, and a lack of sleep are my way of life. But after a long day of school and work I get to walk in the door of my mom’s house to pick up the kids and the look of pure joy that flashes across their faces at the sight of their mommy is more than enough reward for my hard work. I enjoy the privilege of tucking my monkeys into bed and reading them bedtime stories every night. And I have a job that I love! What more could I ask for?
Unfortunately there are times, this week for example, where I feel like I may just be the only single person in the universe and it’s not a particularly pleasant feeling.
It seems as if everyone I know has their match, their companion, their partner. Spouses, life partners, long-time loves. Even my best friend whose marriage has been an absolute atrocity since the day they said “I do” has her rare moments of marital bliss. My cousin who pretty much loathes her boyfriend most of the time is just happy to say that she HAS a boyfriend. And lately I’ve been wondering…who could really blame her?
The holidays are a difficult and depressing time to be single. Not only is it necessary to keep up with everyday life but I now also have to bake, shop, play Santa, be merry, and put on a smile for Christmas parties full of happily coupled people.
Sometimes it really would be a welcome change to have someone to battle through the black Friday crowds and company Christmas parties with.
So for those of you that have your special someone, do me a favor...tonight, for just one night, please don't take it for granted.
Until next time, much love!
~T

No comments: